Thursday, October 3, 2013

Food Photography

If you noticed that some of my posts are jobs that I did for the first time. In my life’s career, I’m always proud of all my firsts even if I’m happy with it or not. I always make it as a learning experience on my future jobs. It’s like taking the final exam first before learning the lessons.

Two years ago, I did a photo shoot for Carlos Batchoy’s menu board. I used a Nikon D90 DSLR which was provided by the client and an ambient light coming from the window to light the subject. Most photographers will hire a food stylist to make the subject looks tasty and mouth-watering. But since we do this inside the restaurant itself and the costumers are coming in and out of the restaurant, I have to do the shoot the quickest way possible. No food stylist, no props, no light set-up. One thing I loved the most with this session, is we have to devour everything after the photo shoot.



Here is the sample design of their menu board and breakfast menu.

0 comments :

Post a Comment